It’s Wednesday, and our flight leaves Minneapolis bright and early Friday morning. My intentions of creating this blog with GPS tracking was simple. I was looking for an easy way to share some of the fun stuff I’m doing at Disney World with my fellow coworkers, family and friends. Even more importantly, I wanted to see if it was possible to accurately track a person on a vacation and provide those “watching” with a way to not only see where they are on a map, but to also to see what is around them, and what they might be doing. I’ve built a map of Disney World and embedded a ton of information onto it. This way, when you see my location marker in the Magic Kingdom, you can click on it and expand information about that area. TRY IT! Before I leave, I’ve even added a few marker info plots here in Des Moines so you can see how it works.
For those interested in the technical aspects of this technology:
I’ve got a Blackberry Pearl 8130 on the Sprint Speed network
Blackberry is running an application that uses the internal GPS to gather location.
Blackberry transmits the data up to a server where the ASP page displaying the google map can read the current location, read in a dynamic list of polygons that are defined by me (These contain the descriptive data about my current location) and then present you with that data on a map.
It’s all really simple…
Catch everyone later!
SCROLL DOWN!
To see the live tracking, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Live Tracking
Will only update when I've activated tracking on my Phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment